By Brenda M. Coppard PhD OTR/L, Helene Lohman MA OTD OTR/L
The 3rd version of creation to Splinting: A scientific Reasoning and Problem-Solving method is helping readers grasp the fundamental concept, rules, and methods of splinting wanted for medical perform. utilizing a mixture textbook/workbook layout, it integrates conception and technical wisdom with hands-on studying beneficial properties that equip readers with crucial scientific wisdom, serious considering talents, and problem-solving abilities linked to splinting.
- Comprehensive assurance offers the basics of splinting therapist must know.
- Self-quizzes, case reviews, and lab workouts aid readers bridge the distance among studying and perform and observe what they have realized to real-life situations.
- Key phrases, bankruptcy outlines, and evaluate questions highlights particular details that the reader can anticipate to profit from every one chapter.
- Combined textbook/workbook structure reinforces info because it is realized and encourages functional software of concepts.
- Content has been up to date to incorporate new study and strategies, present tendencies, and new details sources.
- Lists of keywords for every bankruptcy aid familiarize the reader with suitable terminology.
- Two new case experiences were further to every bankruptcy, strengthening the book's scientific program focus.
- Companion CD includes videos demonstrating the right way to fabricate particular splints.
- Four new chapters hide themes comparable to occupation-based splinting, instruments, tactics, and strategies of splinting, and splints for the elbow, shoulder, and fingers.
- Chapters are divided into 3 devices: splinting foundations; splints for stipulations and populations; and themes with regards to splinting.
- A new appendix directs readers to priceless on-line assets and vendors.
Read or Download Introduction to Splinting: A Clinical Reasoning and Problem-Solving Approach PDF
Similar physical medicine & rehabilitation books
Now, greater than ever, the sphere of rehabilitation psychology is transforming into. This book--one of the few that focuses exclusively on rehabilitation psychology research--provides the reader with the main updated examine examine and perform in the box of rehabilitation psychology. It bargains innovations for destiny study courses, coverage adjustments, and medical interventions from a few of the views inside of rehabilitation psychology examine and perform, and seeks to illustrate how a lot the sphere can evolve with the implementation of those adjustments.
The recent technological advances opened greatly the appliance box of robots. Robots are relocating from the classical software situation with established business environments and tedious repetitive projects to new software environments that require extra interplay with the people. it truly is during this context that the idea that of Wearable Robots (WRs) has emerged.
Within the third variation of discomfort tactics in scientific perform, Dr. Ted Lennard is helping you supply the simplest care on your sufferers by means of taking you thru some of the ways to soreness aid utilized in physiatry at the present time. during this thoroughly up-to-date, procedure-focused quantity, you will discover approximately a decade worthy of recent advancements and methods supplemented through a finished on-line video number of how-to techniques at www.
People with disabilities that abate their variety of movement frequently have trouble getting access to applied sciences. With using computer-based assistive know-how; units, instruments, and companies can be utilized to take care of and increase the sensible features of motor disabilities. Assistive applied sciences and computing device entry for Motor Disabilities investigates strategies to the problems of impaired expertise entry by way of highlighting the foundations, tools, and complicated technological strategies for people with motor impairments.
- Le bilan musculaire de Daniels et Worthingham
- Practical Cardiology Evaluation and Treatment of Common Cardiovascular Disorders
- Manual of Neural Therapy According to Huneke (Complementary Medicine)
- Handbook of Psychopathology in Intellectual Disability: Research, Practice, and Policy
- Easy Injections
- Eye of the Beholder: True Stories of People with Facial Differences
Extra resources for Introduction to Splinting: A Clinical Reasoning and Problem-Solving Approach
What factors of splint design and provision may need special attention to ensure acceptance, compliance, and understanding? __________________________________________________________________________________________________ 2. When designing splints to match the occupational needs of a young child, what performance areas and personal contextual factors will you be interested in addressing? __________________________________________________________________________________________________ 22 Introduction to Splinting and occupational therapy exists to support the ability of the individual to engage in and maintain participation in desired occupations.
Such consistency and routine can be maintained through splinting techniques that allow function while simultaneously decreasing the effects of pathology. Research offers evidence that splints of all types and for all purposes are indeed effective in reaching the goals of improved function [Dunn et al. 2002, Li-Tsang et al. 2002, Schultz-Johnson 2002, Werner et al. 2005]. Four examples are presented to demonstrate such evidence. A study was conducted on the effects of splinting dental hygienists who had osteoarthritis.
These materials are less conforming than their drapier plastic counterparts. Therapists should not confuse resistance to stretch during the molding process with the rigidity of the splint upon completion. Materials that are quite drapey become extremely rigid when cooled and set, and the opposite is also true. In addition, the more contours a splint contains the more rigid it will be.
Introduction to Splinting: A Clinical Reasoning and Problem-Solving Approach by Brenda M. Coppard PhD OTR/L, Helene Lohman MA OTD OTR/L
Categories: Physical Medicine Rehabilitation