By Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development
Read or Download History Of The International Energy Agency: The History of the International Energy Agency PDF
Best nuclear books
The authors of this ebook make the case that the atomic bomb used to be major think about developing the chilly warfare. FDR and later Truman desired to use the atomic bomb as a diplomatic lever opposed to the Soviet Union. either one of those presidents may merely proportion the key of the bomb with the Soviets in the event that they complied with the yank calls for on letting the jap eu nations pursue their very own future.
The second one foreign Workshop at the Indemnification of Nuclear harm used to be held in Bratislava, Slovak Republic, from 18 to twenty may perhaps 2005. The workshop was once co-organised by way of the OECD Nuclear power service provider and the Nuclear Regulatory Authority of the Slovak Republic. It attracted broad participation from nationwide nuclear experts, regulators, operators of nuclear installations, nuclear insurers and overseas businesses.
The decade has noticeable a speedy improvement and starting to be significance within the software of nuclear physics the right way to fabric sciences. it's a normal wish to comprehend glossy fabric difficulties on a microscopic scale, which, as a result of their inherent microscopic nature, made nuclear options hugely compatible instruments for simple and utilized study during this box.
- Nuclear Physical Methods in Radioecological Investigations of Nuclear Test Sites
- The Chernobyl Nuclear Accident
- Laser Plasmas and Nuclear Energy
- Hydrogen Production from Nuclear Energy
Extra resources for History Of The International Energy Agency: The History of the International Energy Agency
E. of the Supplement to Volume II). 45 HISTORY Sup Volume 1 26/03/04 11:06 Page 46 SUPPLEMENT TO VOLUME ONE An April 2000 Informal Meeting of the Governing Board at Official Level addressed a range of topics including "IEA Work in non-Member Countries", "Development of Clean Energy Technologies in non-Member Countries", "Functioning of the Oil Market", and "Climate Change and Sustainable Development", while also having exchanges on the Agency's prospective 2001 Ministerial Level Governing Board Meeting.
Below]. 6. above]. E. of Volume II of The History, is the Governing Board's October 2002 decision approving the participation of the IEA Secretariat on the Executive Board of the Permanent Secretariat for the "International Energy Forum" in which the Ministerial Level activities of the "Dialogue" have been conducted [IEA/GB/C(2002)3, Item 5(b)]. The IEA and OPEC Secretariats each participate as non-voting members of the Executive Board. The initiative to establish a Permanent Secretariat came from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia at the Seventh International Energy Forum (IEF) held in Riyadh in 2000.
2. above. , Officers and Elections On occasion, confidential "straw polls" have been employed, on an indicative, non-binding basis, in connection with the election of officers, with the aim of encouraging withdrawal by candidates whose prospects for election seem unpromising. (A similar approach has been used to ascertain the relative standing of nominees for the Agency's Executive Director position). 3. above]. Unanimity was required for these decisions, but, as no formal vote was taken, the record of each of these decisions is silent as to the basis for adoption.
History Of The International Energy Agency: The History of the International Energy Agency by Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development