By Michael Feuerstein
No longer in the past, a melanoma analysis was once considered as an automated demise sentence; at the present time there are ten million survivors. both notable is the transforming into variety of clinicians and researchers devoted to enhancing the standard of survivors’ lives and care. but regardless of this encouraging photograph, there hasn't ever been a competent relevant resource for proper medical info — earlier. This publication, written by way of a melanoma survivor and sixty different best scientist-practitioners, responds to the various wishes of survivors and their help groups through comprehensively addressing the foremost concerns within the box, from the load of survivorship to secondary prevention.
Read Online or Download Handbook of Cancer Survivorship PDF
Similar physical medicine & rehabilitation books
Now, greater than ever, the sphere of rehabilitation psychology is becoming. This book--one of the few that focuses completely on rehabilitation psychology research--provides the reader with the main updated examine study and perform in the box of rehabilitation psychology. It bargains strategies for destiny examine courses, coverage adjustments, and scientific interventions from a number of the views inside of rehabilitation psychology learn and perform, and seeks to illustrate how a lot the sector can evolve with the implementation of those alterations.
The recent technological advances opened commonly the applying box of robots. Robots are relocating from the classical software situation with established business environments and tedious repetitive initiatives to new software environments that require extra interplay with the people. it's during this context that the concept that of Wearable Robots (WRs) has emerged.
Within the third version of discomfort approaches in medical perform, Dr. Ted Lennard is helping you supply the best care for your sufferers by means of taking you thru some of the ways to soreness reduction utilized in physiatry at the present time. during this thoroughly up to date, procedure-focused quantity, you will discover approximately a decade worthy of latest advancements and strategies supplemented via a complete on-line video choice of how-to methods at www.
People with disabilities that hamper their variety of movement usually have trouble having access to applied sciences. With using computer-based assistive expertise; units, instruments, and providers can be utilized to take care of and increase the sensible features of motor disabilities. Assistive applied sciences and desktop entry for Motor Disabilities investigates ideas to the problems of impaired expertise entry through highlighting the rules, equipment, and complex technological ideas for people with motor impairments.
- Robotic Assistive Technologies: Principles and Practice
- Frühkindliche Dysphagien und Trinkschwächen: Leitfaden für Diagnostik, Management und Therapie im klinischen Alltag
- Articular cartilage injury of the knee : basic science to surgical repair
- International Classification of Procedures in Medicine Vol. 2
- The Basic Principles of External Skeletal Fixation Using the Ilizarov Device
Additional info for Handbook of Cancer Survivorship
4. Sex Hormones and Reproduction Chemotherapy, particularly alkylating agents like cyclophosphamide, can induce infertility and, in women, premature menopause, with its attendant problems of hot flashes, mood swings, vaginal dryness, and urinary incontinence. Cyclophosphamide is commonly used in breast cancer, but management of the menopausal symptoms is complicated by the fact that hormone replacement therapy is considered contraindicated in patients with a history of breast cancer. 52 This example illustrates the importance of both recognizing the symptoms related to ovarian failure in a cancer patient in which it would be otherwise unexpected, and having knowledge of the oncologic considerations of the therapies being chosen.
And Lustig, C. Survivorship resources for post-treatment cancer survivors. Cancer Pract. 2002; 10(6): 277–83. 22. R. Myth-busters: Telling the true story of breast cancer survivorship. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2004; 96(24): 1800–1. 23. , et al. Quality of life in long-term, disease-free survivors of breast cancer: A follow-up study. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2002; 94(1): 39–49. 24. , et al. Life after breast cancer: Understanding women’s healthrelated quality of life and sexual functioning. J. Clin.
Survivorship and breast cancer: The psychosocial issues. J. Clin. Nurs. 1997; 6(5): 403–10. 5. , et al. Post-traumatic stress symptoms in adult survivors of childhood cancer. Pediatr. Blood Cancer. 2004; 42(7): 604–10. 6. , 2nd, et al. Economic outcomes of breast cancer survivorship: CALGB study 79804. Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2005; 91(2): 153–61. 7. R. Sexuality and fertility after cancer. Hematology (Am. Soc. Hematol. Educ. Program) 2005; 523–7. 8. , et al. Cancer survivorship: A new challenge in comprehensive cancer control.
Handbook of Cancer Survivorship by Michael Feuerstein
Categories: Physical Medicine Rehabilitation