By Jonathan Bard (auth.), Albert Burger BSc, MSc, PhD, Duncan Davidson BSc, PhD, Richard Baldock BSc, PhD (eds.)
Bioinformatics as a self-discipline has come of age, and there are actually quite a few databases and instruments which are primary via researchers within the biomedical box. besides the fact that, winning improvement of destiny bioinformatics purposes is dependent upon an accurately formalised illustration of area knowledge.
This e-book presents a well timed and first-of-its-kind selection of contributed chapters on anatomy ontologies. it really is interdisciplinary in its strategy, bringing jointly appropriate services from computing and biomedical stories, and masking either theoretical and utilized facets, with an emphasis on more moderen paintings proper to the rising Semantic Web.
Topics and Features:
• presents a finished dialogue of the principles of anatomical ontologies and the state-of-the-art in latest computational instruments and applications
• Considers a few primary modelling principles
• contains chapters approximately examine on algorithms to systematically align anatomy ontologies and to mine info within the literature, utilizing anatomy terms
• Explains contemporary efforts to advance a standard anatomy reference ontology
• Discusses anatomy within the context of spatio-temporal biomedical atlases
• Describes platforms and instruments for linking anatomy ontologies with one another and with different online assets, akin to the biomedical literature
• Highlights the demanding situations of facing anatomy-based details at the Semantic Web
Although essentially written for readers who can be keen on constructing the following new release of IT purposes within the parts of lifestyles sciences, biomedical sciences and healthiness care, this particular quantity could be of curiosity to an individual who will extra advance anatomy ontologies, who will use them, and who should be fascinated about the particular improvement of suitable (semantic) net applications.